Friday, May 28, 2010

The Barbary Pirates by William Dietrich

From the time I was young, I have always enjoyed adventure tales. When I saw William Dietrich’s new novel, The Barbary Pirates, I knew I had to give it a try.

The hero, Ethan Gage, is an adventurous rake who seems to have a good understanding of his vices and why he gets into trouble because of them. But that doesn’t stop him, and just makes him more likeable. In this novel, he has to stay one step ahead of a murderous pack of pirates and power seekers led by Aurora Somerset, who is without a doubt the nastiest women I have ever come across in fiction.

There are a number of Ethan Gage novels, and reading them in order is probably best, but not necessary. Dietrich’s tales are fiction, intermingled with historical events and characters. Ethan Gage feels a little like an early 19th century Indiana Jones. Fans of Clive Cussler’s fast paced fiction may want to try one of Dietrich’s novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment