Tuesday, June 11, 2013

When a dad says "I Love You" by Douglas Wood, illustrated by Jennifer A. Bell





Father’s day is coming up this weekend so I’m going to suggest a new children’s picture book that speaks for all those dads who do not express love easily using words, but rather through their actions and character;  When a dad says “I love you” by Douglas Wood, and illustrated by Jennifer A. Bell.


The best way to describe this book is by giving you some of the text:
     When a dad says “I love you,”
     He doesn’t always say it
     In the plain old ordinary way.
     That would by just a little bit ... ordinary.
     Instead he might just say...
     “Rise and shine, Champ.  It’s a great day!”
     He might say “I love you” by making pancakes.

There are many ways that a dad says “I love you”, like racing you around the yard, or helping you learn to ride your bike.  He might carry you on his shoulders so you can see the parade, or sing your favourite song, or read your favourite bedtime story over and over again.  And sometimes a dad might say “I love you” in the plain old ordinary way.

Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment