Wednesday, October 29, 2014

The Magic of Digital Nature Photography by Rob Sheppard



I do not consider myself a photographer in any sense of the word.  I am a "PWAC" - person with a camera.  (I wish I could remember where I first came across that acronym, but I can't).  But I recently took up the hobby, and am loving it!  There are many, many photography books out there and finding one that works for you, can be more difficult than sorting out some camera controls.  One book that I came across that is both beautiful and helpful is Rob Sheppard's The Magic of Digital Nature Photography.  

If there's one thing that appeals to me about Sheppard’s approach it's that photography is not about the technology, nor how big and new and fantastic your camera is.  For me, Sheppard finds the balance between the joy of just being out with a camera, and the technical know-how required to capture the image.  This book breaks down all the technical learning that must be mastered by the improving photographer, but it is presented in short concise everyday language that does not overwhelm the newbie.  Sheppard's photographs in the book are stunning and a visual treat for anyone.  The quick tips and "connections" sections are where the reader will connect the technical information with the artistry of photography; how to "see" photos, and find inspiration.

I thought this book was worth the investment so I keep my own copy close and refer to it often both for technical information and inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment